For parents of talented kids 0-17yrs: There are many nuances that comes with guiding a child actor or model into the entertainment industry…the right way. Our “Kidz Biz Parents’ Workshop” focuses on what it takes to get noticed in this industry and what being a parent of a child actor or model entails. This workshop includes a fun and engaging taped casting session with your child. → Click here to learn more.
Acting World: Outlining the opportunities available to child actors in a growing market.
The Rules: Labor laws, trust funds, child permits.
Parenting a Child Actor: Creating a positive experience for both you and your child in a competitive industry.
“We had no clue where to begin when our daughter, Alaina, decided that she wanted to go beyond the scope of community theater and to pursue becoming a professional actress/model. Lynne Carole of the Lynne Experience, thankfully came into our lives around the same time and was extremely helpful. She directed us to a professional photographer for amazing head shots, sent Alaina out on jobs, connected her with an LA agency which led to a booking for the Five Below Stores’ print ad campaign and then about a month later to another booking for the video shoot for commercials for the Five Below store products, all incredible experiences and opportunities that were vastly due to our relationship with Lynne and the Lynne Experience.”
~Devina, Mom of Alaina
Our “Kids Biz Casting Sessions” are designed to measure your child’s natural ability to engage with others and express themselves freely. A child actors biggest asset is their personality and how well they can deliver that personality. Our goal is to extend to parents the tools and insight they will need to make sound choices for their child’s career going forward.
• Children under 2 will not be filmed, please bring child’s photo to workshop
• Children 3-7 will be interviewed on camera
• Children 8 years and older will be given commercial copy to read on camera
• Casting sessions will take place during our parent Kids Biz workshop.
• All videos are filmed in adjacent studio.
• All children under 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult over 18, during casting session. (In this case two adults will be required to attend workshop)
• Parents will be emailed video with a detailed assessment of your child’s type, look, marketability , and industry niche within a week.
• Our casting sessions are designed to honestly convey to a parent through the eyes of an experienced casting agent, where their child stands and what tools and strategies they will need to do to get started as an actor or model the right way …right from the beginning.